1938 DeSoto S-5 Custom
* 93 HP, 228.1 cid, 2.1 Liter Side Valve In-Line 6-Cylinder Engine
* 3-Speed Transmission
* Engine No. S5-36487
* Reports estimate that only 2,550 examples of these Custom DeSotos were produced in 1938.
* Until 1992, it was not known whether or not one was still in existence and hence it lovingly became known as the Unknown DeSoto.
* The National DeSoto Club, in the early summer of that year, released an article discussing the Custom DeSotos and by late summer, this particular car had been discovered.
* She is full of features and options that were not available on the standard model.
* Twin Windshield Wipers
* Twin Taillights
* Chrome Trim Ringed Wheel Covers
* Twin Air-Tone Horns
* Labels on All Under Dash Knobs
* Matching Steering Wheel and Gearshift Knobs Particular to the Custom Model & Trim
* Twin Sun Visors
* Front Passenger Armrest with Contrasting Shade Interior
* Many Little Chrome Touches to the Interior and Exterior
* The offering of this vehicle to public is a unique chance to not only own a piece of true Americana but also the chance to own what remarkably could be the only DeSoto of its kind left in the world.
* Formally of the Richard Burdick Collection
* SELLING NO RESERVE
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- S-5 Custom
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
- Engine Size
- Transmission Type