1940 BMW 335 Cabriolet - April 2017
1940 BMW 335 Cabriolet
Coachwork by Autenrieth - Serial #100319
Restoration by Freudenberger
2016 Pebble Beach Award Winner and Rare (1 of 5 in the World)
* One of five remaining examples of the 40 original 335 Four-Door Cabriolets produced and the only one in the US.
* Previously in two long-term collections with each collector noted for their contributions to BMW Heritage (Robert Sonsten & William Young).
* 3.5 liter straight six engine with Fully Synchromesh Transmission, a first for BMW. 90-HP, 4-Speed gearbox, 90 MPH+
* A ground-up restoration completed by the prominent German restorer Andreas Freudenberger from 2005-2007. Restoration recently freshened up in 2015-2016 with $120,000 in receipts prior to its placing 3rd in Class at the Pebble Beach Concours in August, 2016. Also won Palmetto Award at Hilton Head Concours in November, 2011.
* Extensive documentation detailing one of the last “liberated” autos to be brought into the United States from WWII.
* Launched at the London Motor Show in 1938 as a prototype, the 335 had such an overwhelming response that production began the following year. Production continued until 1941.
* The 335 is BMW’s largest pre-war automobile, known for launching BMW into the high-performance luxury segment and making it the car company that it is today. A remarkable automobile with a rich history.
* Originally priced at $1,000,000 and REDUCED to $699,000
Serious Inquiries - Shown on Request: 210.860.0200